Support and training for preparing a RIS or LIA
Training workshops are offered to Departmental or agency staff on preparing a regulatory impact statement (RIS) or legislative impact assessment (LIA). These run over two half-days and are designed to introduce Departmental staff to the RIS and LIA framework as well as the Commissioner’s role and expectations in the process.
- demystify the RIS and LIA framework and demonstrate its with good practice policy development
- help participants better understand the information and analysis in a RIS or LIA using practical case studies
- introduce participants to the OCBR, who can further assist with specific RIS or LIA matters
We can also provide additional workshops and training for specialised tasks and skills. If you would like to express an interest in additional specialised training, please contact us.
RIS/LIA Training 2018
Registrations are open for the following RIS/LIA Training workshops:
- Thursday 22 and Friday 23 March 2018 (Fully booked - waitlist available)
- Thursday 17 and Friday 18 May 2018 (Fully booked - waitlist available)
- Thursday 30 and Friday 31 August 2018
- Thursday 18 and Friday 19 October 2018
Training is located at Level 37, 2 Lonsdale Street, Melbourne and will run from 8.45am to 1.00pm each day. Morning tea will be provided. If you would like to register for training, please complete the online registration form. You will receive email confirmation of your registration and session date.
Please note that there is no charge to attend the training but a cancellation fee may be incurred for non-attendance or for cancellations received within 2 business days of the training date.