Support and training for preparing a RIS or LIA
Training workshops are offered to Departmental or agency staff on preparing a regulatory impact statement (RIS) or legislative impact assessment (LIA). These run over two half-days and are designed to introduce Departmental staff to the RIS and LIA framework as well as the Commissioner’s role and expectations in the process.
- demystify the RIS and LIA framework and demonstrate its with good practice policy development
- help participants better understand the information and analysis in a RIS or LIA using practical case studies
- introduce participants to the OCBR, who can further assist with specific RIS or LIA matters
We can also provide additional workshops and training for specialised tasks and skills. If you would like to express an interest in additional specialised training, please contact us.
Registrations are open for the following RIS and LIA workshops:
- Wednesday 22 and Thursday 23 March - FULLY BOOKED
- Wednesday 17 and Thursday 18 May
- Wednesday 5 and Thursday 6 July
- Wednesday 30 and Thursday 31 August
- Wednesday 11 and Thursday 12 October
- Wednesday 22 and Thursday 23 November
Sessions will run from 8.45am. to 1.00pm.
To register, please complete the online registration form.
Please note that there is no charge to attend the training but a cancellation fee may be incurred for non-attendance or for cancellations received within 2 business days of the training date.